Pharmacology and Prescribing Conference
Ausmed's Annual 2-Day Conference for All Nurse Practitioners
Ausmed's annual Nurse Practitioners: Pharmacology and Prescribing Conference is back for 2017. Don't miss
out on this opportunity to update your knowledge and network with fellow practitioners.
As prescribers, it is necessary tp ensure currency of knowledge in regard to correct prescribing and the appropriate use of medicines. Attend this conference to get an update on:
- How to perform a medicine review
- How to establish when a medicine has lost its effect and relevance
- Long-term use of immunosuppressants
- Delirium induced by medicines
- The right way to prescribe palliative care medicines
- Prescribing for breastfeeding women
- Management of the poisoned patient
Click here to visit the conference page on the Ausmed website and find out more.
- Jenny Gowan: Dr Jenny Gowan is a practicing pharmacist, and Teaching Associate at Monash University, Melbourne. She has published over 350 educational articles, and has presented at many conferences. In 2016 Jenny was named the AACP-MIMs Australian Consultant Pharmacist of the Year.
- Treasure McGuire: Dr Treasure McGuire is a medicines information pharmacist, pharmacologist, educator and researcher. In recognition of her services to medicines information, she received the Lilly International Fellowship in Hospital Pharmacy and the Bowl of Hygeia of the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia.
- Karen-Ann Clarke: Karen-Ann Clarke is a Registered General and Mental Health Nurse. Karen-Ann is a highly skilled professional with over 25 years of practical experience in mental health and general health environments, which have included the physical care of those individuals with a chronic mental health disorder.
- Leanne Bosse: Leanne is currently working as a Nurse Practitioner and Business Manager in her own private practice in Melbourne. She also consults as a Nurse Practitioner and Business Advisor through her consulting business. Leanne is also an executive member of the ACNP - Victorian Chapter.
Click here to register online today!